Dentures are a time-tested solution to tooth loss and decay used by millions of Americans. Nearly 41 million, in fact, according to data from 2020.
But not all dentures are created equal. Dr. Rick Miller at Bent Tree Dental in Dallas offers implant dentures, a superior solution for those missing multiple teeth or dealing with severely damaged teeth.
Let’s look at some implant dentures basics to help you figure out whether they may be right for you.
What are Implant Dentures?
Implant dentures are a type of removable dental prosthesis secured to the jawbone using small titanium posts called “mini dental implants.” These implants are placed into the jawbone surgically, where they can permanently bond with your natural bone structure and provide an incredibly secure fit for your prosthetic teeth.
Mini dental implant technology is relatively new but has proven safe and reliable when performed by experienced professionals like Dr. Rick Miller at Bent Tree Dental, a Dallas implant dentist.
Benefits of Implant Dentures Over Traditional Dentures
While traditional dentures offer relief and comfort for millions of Americans, they don’t quite measure up to implant dentures in several categories. Here are some of the benefits that implant dentures can provide.
- Improved Stability and Comfort: Implant dentures don’t slip or shift like traditional dentures and are much more comfortable to wear.
- Improved Chewing and Speaking: The stability of implant dentures allows you to chew food more effectively while making it easier to speak without slippage, preventing the embarrassment that often comes with traditional dentures.
- Reduced Bone Loss: Because there is less jawbone movement, your body does not have to work as hard to support the prosthetic teeth leading to a reduced chance of bone loss.
- Longer Lasting: With proper care, implant dentures can last for years, if not decades, providing a lasting solution to your dental needs.
- Cost-effective: Mini dental implants, like those used for implant dentures, are about half the cost of traditional dental implants.
Who is a Good Candidate for Implant Dentures?
If you are missing multiple teeth or have severely damaged teeth, implant dentures may be right for you. Implant dentures are also perfect for those fed up with the hassles that come with traditional dentures.
The best way to determine if implant dentures are the right choice is to schedule a consultation. Dallas implant dentist Dr. Rick Miller at Bent Tree Dental offers free consultations to evaluate your needs and will recommend whether implant dentures are the best solution.
With his thirty years of experience, you’re sure to get the answer you need.
Schedule Your Consultation Today!
Implant dentures provide a secure and comfortable solution for those missing multiple teeth or suffering from severely damaged teeth. The procedure is non-invasive, safe, and reliable when performed by experienced professionals.
Bent Tree’s state-of-the-art facility utilizes the newest and best technology for more straightforward diagnoses and treatments, and its comprehensive care options are sure to help you and your entire family. Dr. Miller also offers 0% interest on monthly payments, making his dental solutions incredibly affordable and worthwhile.
If you’re considering implant dentures as a solution for your dental health, schedule a free consultation with Dr. Rick Miller today to discuss your options further with a certified Dallas implant dentist!