Over three million Americans have gone through the stress and discomfort of getting at least one dental implant in place, but what if that process could be a whole lot easier?
Mini dental implants, or MDIs, are new implant procedures that recently gained traction. They offer many advantages over traditional dental implants due to their smaller size and lower cost.
Dallas implant dentist Dr. Rick Miller of Bent Tree Dental, an experienced provider of mini implants, offers insight into the benefits these procedures give those seeking a more affordable solution for replacing missing teeth.
What are Mini Dental Implants (MDIs)?
Mini dental implants are a great solution for people who want to replace single or multiple missing teeth without extensive, expensive surgery. Mini implants secure loose dentures and even provide an implant-retained full denture after extracting all your natural teeth.
Replacing missing teeth with mini implants helps you regain confidence by eating what you want, speaking confidently, and smiling wide.
Mini implants provide the retention needed for dentures or bridges that traditional implants can’t offer. They also improve oral health by preventing bone deterioration and helping you maintain healthy gums and supporting structures.
Furthermore, these implants are more affordable than standard implant treatments, which makes them perfect for those on a budget who still desire strong, long-lasting results from their tooth replacement treatment.
Benefits of Mini Implants
Mini implants require a small incision in your gums, making it much less invasive than conventional implants. You won’t have to go without teeth or wear a temporary denture while healing like you would with a standard implant treatment plan.
Dallas implant dentist Rick Miller, DDS of Bent Tree Dental has over 30 years of experience and understands the importance of providing comfortable, effective treatment without invasive procedures like bone grafting or sinus lifts.
No Need for Bone
Mini implants are helpful for those who have been denied traditional implant treatment due to not having enough available bone.
They’re much smaller than conventional implants – about toothpick-sized compared to regular implants of 3.4-5.8mm in diameter – and require only a small incision, which makes them ideal for individuals with limited or inadequate jawbone structure for standard procedures.
Get Back to Life
Mini implants act as anchors to secure your dentures, allowing you to move and speak without worry that they’ll slip out of place. There are also fewer restrictions on what to eat compared to traditional dentures, so you’ll get back to favorites like steak and corn on the cob with the confidence that your prosthetic teeth will remain firmly secured.
Benefits Over Conventional Dental Implants
- Less Invasive: Mini implants don’t require bone grafting or sinus lifts to be performed beforehand, making them less invasive than traditional implants.
- Less Expensive: Mini implants cost nearly half as much as traditional implants because they require fewer materials and do not need replacement as often – some practices, like state-of-the-art Dallas implant dentistry Bent Tree Dental, even offer monthly payments at 0% interest.
- Shorter Recovery Time: Mini implants typically require less healing time than standard implant treatments, meaning you’ll return to normal activities sooner.
- Immediate Results: The mini dental implant procedure completes in just one visit, so you don’t have to wait months or years to enjoy the benefits of your new smile.
- Preserving Bone and Preventing Decay: Bone deterioration and decay lead to costly repair work in the future, which mini implants prevent.
Schedule Your Consultation Today!
Mini dental implants are a great alternative to traditional implant treatments. They are smaller, more affordable, and used for various tooth replacement treatments.
Dallas implant dentist Dr. Rick Miller of Bent Tree Dental offers free consultations to help you discover if mini implants are the solution for you. Contact him today to learn more about mini implants and how a Dallas implant dentist could benefit you!