Are You A Candidate?
Dr. Rick Miller provides sedation dentistry in Dallas, TX for patients with high levels of dental anxiety. If you have been delaying treatment because you are scared or do not react well to dental procedures, sedation dentistry may be the answer for you. Good candidates are those who:
• Have had traumatic past experiences
• Have a bad gag reflex
• Are afraid of needles
• Need complicated surgeries
• Have sensitive teeth
• Experience dental anxiety for any reason
The Best Candidates Have:
- Sore jaw muscles
- Difficulty keeping mouth open
- Sensitive gag reflex
- Difficulty getting numb with anesthesia
- Low pain tolerance
- Pain in the back or neck
- Dental or anxiety or fear related to traumatic experiences
- Difficulty controlling movement or sitting still
What is sedation dentistry?
Avoiding dental care can have damaging effects on your oral health. Over time, these effects can lead to more serious health issues. Sedation dentistry is designed to make patients with high levels of dental anxiety more relaxed during treatment. There are several different types of sedation dentistry that do everything from numb the area to completely knock you out. In some cases, you may not even remember the procedure at all! Of course, the type of sedation you receive will depend on the type of treatment and the severity of your anxiety.
Am I a candidate?
Almost anyone can qualify for sedation dentistry. However, it is mostly for those who have severe dental anxiety or fear towards dental procedures. Sedation is best used on patients with the following conditions:
• Sore jaw muscles
• Difficulty keeping mouth open
• Sensitive gag reflex
• Difficulty getting numb with anesthesia
• Low pain tolerance
• Pain in the back or neck
• Dental anxiety or fear related to traumatic experiences
• Difficulty controlling movement or sitting still
Many patients exhibit one or more of the above behaviors and should not be embarrassed about requesting sedation. This can be used for any type of procedure ranging from a simple cleaning to a complicated surgery. If you are suffering from dental anxiety, contact Dr. Miller to find out if you are a candidate for sedation dentistry in Dallas, TX today!
Dr. Rick Miller
4222 Trinity Mills, Suite #118
Dallas, Texas 75287